The Banks are regulated by Reserve bank of India, The top 10 banks in India are both public sector and private sector banks, The popular top 10 banks of india
- State Bank of India(Founded: 2nd June 1806, Bank of Calcutta) Currently headquartered in Mumbai, Maharastra.
- HDFC Bank(Founded: 1994), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- ICICI Bank(Founded: 1994), Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Axis Bank(Founded: 1993 Started as UTI Bank), Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- IDBI Bank(Founded: July 1964), Headquarters: Mumbai India
- Punjab National Bank(Founded: 19 May 1894), Headquarters: New Delhi
- Bank of Baroda(Founded: 20 July 1908), Vadodara, Gujarat
- Canara Bank(Founded: Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund 1906), Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Bank of India(Founded: 7 September 1906), Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Union Bank of India(Founded: 11 November 1919), Headquarters: Mumbai, India
1. State Bank of India
State Bank of India is the oldest and largest bank in India, started at the time of British India
2. HDFC Bank
The Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited, HDFC was incorporated in August 1994, the countrys second largest private bank
3. ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank is an Indian private banking institution and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai
4. Axis Bank
Axis Bank is the third largest of the private sector banking in India covering the large segment of Agriculture, Retail and MSME Businesses.
5. IDBI Bank
Industrial Development bank of India, IDBI was constituted under Industrial Development bank of India
6. Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank has its corporate office at New Delhi and 76 Circle Offices under which 6810 branches function.
7. Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda is an Indian state owned financial services company headquartered in Vadodara in Gujarat State India
8. Canara Bank
Canara Bank is one of the oldest banks in India, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was established at Mangalore in 1906.
9. Union bank of india
UBI is largest government owned banks of India. Its total employees is 36,377 in the year of 2015
10. Bank of India
Bank of India is commercial bank with headquarters in Mumbai, Maharastra.